What is a boiler warranty?
A boiler warranty is an assurance made by the boiler manufacturer that if an issue arises with the boiler during the warranty period, they will send out an engineer to investigate the problem and, if they believe it is a manufacturing fault, they will repair it, subject to terms and conditions.
A boiler warranty may only cover certain parts of the boiler and may not cover the cost of labour if a repair is needed.
What is a boiler guarantee?
A boiler guarantee is similar to a warranty but it covers the whole boiler and its parts, and there will be no extra costs for parts or labour in the event of a fault or boiler breakdown. Because the manufacturer made a promise that their product should last the duration of the guarantee, if it doesn’t, then they will fix the issue free of charge.
Let us fix your boiler.
At Smart Plan we have thousands of engineers up and down the country who are ready to fix your issue. We guarantee an engineer to your property within 48 hours.
What does my Ideal boiler warranty cover?
If your Ideal boiler suffers a mechanical or electrical breakdown as a result of defective workmanship or materials, Ideal will repair or replace it free of charge, subject to terms and conditions.
Although Ideal will repair or replace your boiler free of charge if they deem the fault a result of defective workmanship or materials, they may charge a call-out fee if:
- There is no completed benchmark commissioning sheet present
- A fault cannot be found
- The fault or breakdown was not caused by defective workmanship or materials
- You fail to cancel an arranged appointment before the engineers visit
- The boiler is out of warranty or the conditions of the warranty have not been met
What doesn't my Ideal boiler warranty cover?
Your Ideal boiler warranty does not cover:
- Any defect, damage or breakdown caused by inadequate servicing of the boiler
- Any deliberate action, accident, misuse or third-party interference including modification or an attempted repair which does not fully comply with industry standards
- Any defect, damage or breakdown caused by the design, installation and maintenance of the central heating system
- Descaling or other work needed as a result of hard water scale deposits or from damage caused by aggressive water or sludge resulting from corrosion
- Any other cost or expense caused by or arising as a result of the breakdown of an Ideal boiler
- Any defect caused by the incorrect installation of the boiler, the flue system or the facility for condensate disposal
- Any costs incurred during delays in fixing reported faults
- If the claim/contact procedure is not adhered to. Click here for more info
- Any connected systems, for example, pipework or hot water tanks/cylinders connected to a system boiler or regular boiler, etc
Ideal boiler warranty terms and conditions
To be eligible for the extended warranty period and to make sure your Ideal boiler warranty is valid, you must follow these terms and conditions:
- The boiler must be installed and commissioned by a Gas Safe engineer within 12 months of being manufactured in accordance with the guidelines in the installation and servicing booklet that comes with the boiler.
- The installer must complete a benchmark commissioning sheet.
- The warranty will start from the date of installation. If you do not have proof of purchase or a completed benchmark commissioning sheet, the warranty will commence from the date of manufacture.
- You must register the warranty within 30 days of installation.
- Your boiler must be serviced once a year by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Give your boiler a service.
Make sure you don't invalidate your warranty. Call Smart Plan to get a boiler checkup to see if everything is in good working order.
How do I register my Ideal boiler warranty?
There are a few different ways you can register your Ideal boiler warranty, which needs to be done within 30 days of installation:
- Register the warranty on Ideal Heating's website
- Call the Ideal Heating Customer Service team on 01482 498660
- The boiler installer can log into their Connect loyalty account and register the warranty online
When registering your Ideal boiler warranty, you will need to have its serial number to hand. The serial number can be found in two places:
- On a barcoded sticker located at the top of the boiler
- On the benchmark certificate completed by the installer when the boiler was fitted
If you can’t find the serial number, contact Ideal Heating Customer Services on 01482 498660 and they should be able to help you.
How do I make an Ideal boiler warranty claim?
If your Ideal boiler suffers a mechanical or electrical breakdown, you should contact the Ideal customer service team on:
Lines are open:
Sundays: 8am-12 noon
Ideal will arrange for an engineer to inspect the problem and if the terms and conditions have been met, they will repair the boiler. If Ideal thinks a boiler repair will not be the best option, they will offer a boiler replacement instead.
It is important to note that your Ideal boiler warranty will not apply if any of the following requirements are not met:
- Engineers will only attend to boiler products where it is considered by the engineer that the installation does not pose a risk to health and safety.
- A permanently fixed access ladder must service installations in lofts or attics. Adequate lighting and permanently fixed flooring must also be available.
- Cupboard installations must provide minimum working clearances as detailed in the installation instructions. Ideal will not accept responsibility for the removal of cupboards, kitchen units, or trims in order to gain access for repairs.
What can I do if my boiler is out of warranty?
If your Ideal boiler is out of warranty and something goes wrong, it could cost hundreds of pounds to repair, or even a few thousand to get a replacement.
Boiler cover is a way to protect your boiler in the event of a breakdown. It gives homeowners peace of mind that if their boiler breaks down, a Gas Safe registered engineer will assess and repair the issue.
With Smart Plan Boiler Cover, you can cover your boiler from as little as £10.50 a month. All parts and labour are included, so you can relax knowing that if your boiler breaks down, Smart Plan has got you covered.
Click here for more information.
One-off boiler repair
If your boiler is out of warranty and needs a repair, Smart Plan has thousands of Gas Safe engineers up and down the country who are available to fix your issue.
For more information, call our customer service team on 0333 772 6247
Avoid unexpected costs.
With a Smart Plan cover policy, you can rest easy knowing if there's an issue with your boiler, we'll usually have you back up and running within 48 hours.
How long is an Ideal boiler warranty?
Every new Ideal boiler comes with a 1 year warranty as standard. However, depending on the model of your boiler, Ideal offers extended warranties ranging from 2-12 years, subject to terms and conditions.
Ideal boiler extended warranties
Have a look at this table to see how long the extended warranty duration is for each Ideal boiler model in Ideal’s current boiler range.
|Ideal boiler||Warranty duration|
||10 years but can be further extended to 12 years if installed and service by a Max accredited installer|
||8 years but can be further extended to 10 years if installed with an Ideal System Filter|
||7 years. 10 year warranty on the heat exchanger if the boiler has been installed with an Ideal System Filter||
It is important to note that if the terms and conditions of your Ideal boiler warranty are not met, then the period of warranty will extend to only 12 months from installation.
Ideal Vogue Max range
The Ideal Vogue Max comes with an extended warranty of 10 years, but can be further extended to 12 years if it is installed and serviced by a Max accredited installer.
Max accredited installers are boiler installers that have applied for and passed Ideal’s assessment on servicing and installing the Max product range.
You can find a local Max accredited installer by clicking here.
Ideal Vogue Gen2
The Ideal Vogue Gen2 range comes with an extended warranty of 8 years, but can be further extended to 10 years if it is installed with an Ideal System Filter.
An Ideal System Filter is a high efficiency magnetic and non-magnetic filter that is designed to protect central heating systems by removing iron oxide. Even a tiny build-up of iron oxide debris in a condensing boiler can result in energy being wasted and efficiency loss, which means the system won’t perform at its best and it’ll cost more to run and maintain.
Speak to your boiler installer to enquire about having your Ideal boiler installed with an Ideal System Filter.
The Ideal Logic+ range comes with an extended warranty of 7 years, but if installed with an Ideal System Filter, the heat exchanger will receive a 10 year warranty.
Heat exchangers are one of the most important components in boilers. Its purpose in your boiler is to transfer heat produced by the gas to the water without the two coming into contact with each other. The heat exchanger consists of a coil pipe and is surrounded by cold water. Gas passes through the coil and heats it up, which in turn, heats the cold water that surrounds it. This is the hot water that is then used for your radiators and hot water taps and showers.
How do Ideal boiler warranties compare with other boiler manufacturers warranties?
As you know by now, Ideal boilers come with a 1 year warranty as standard and have extended warranties ranging from 2-12 years, but how does an Ideal boiler warranty compare against other top boiler manufacturers’ warranties?
|Manufacturer||Min. Warranty (years)||Max. Extended Warranty (years)|
*refers to a boiler guarantee.